Stair Lift Prices – What To Expect From The Market?
Categorized: Stair Lift Prices | No comments
If you have popped in here to read this article, you are probably in the market for a stair lift. Stair lifts or stair glides as they are called can be a great asset for the elderly or immobile who will otherwise be unable to move between different floors in a house.
As you might have already seen, stair lifts are not very cheap. They can range from $1,500 to even $15,000 depending on the size and model chosen and also on whether they are new or reconditioned. Stair lift prices will also vary according to type of stairs that they have to tackle.
Here are some points about stair lift prices that will be worth noting
- A brand new stair lift will cost anywhere from $2,500 all the way up to $15,000 and will come with a warranty ranging from one to five years.
- Stair glides for straight stairways are often much cheaper than curved stair lift prices.
- The price of a stair glide will often be inclusive of installation costs although some companies will charge extra for complicated installations or installations on curved stairways. You will have to inquire about the installation details when you are purchasing a stair lift as every manufacturer or dealer might have a slightly different policy.
- There is a large market for reconditioned stair lifts. Reconditioned stair glides are lifts that have been used and then refurbished for sale again. They are typically about 30-40% cheaper than brand new ones and the price of a reconditioned stair lift will depend on its past usage and model type. Generally, reconditioned stair lift prices will also include a 12 month warranty clause.
- New stair lifts come in a wide variety of styles. Some stair glides will allow a person to sit while some will allow a person to stand. Some stair glides can even accommodate wheelchairs and the prices for these will vary accordingly.
- Medicare will not cover the cost of stair lifts and this equipment is often bought on an installation basis as elderly people do not have a lot of disposable income. Check your dealers or manufacturers to see what kind of deals they have on financing or installment payments.
- A stair lift company will often need to inspect your house to look at the stairway in order to give you a final quote as different styles of staircases will result in different costs.
- Some stair lift companies will charge separately for power while some will include it in their base price. Again, it is best that you investigate stair lift prices thoroughly to know what you are getting into.
- Customers also have the option of renting a stair lift. This is an extremely popular option for those who need stair lifts only on a temporary basis. A stair lift rental will cost about $100 to $200 per month plus some costs related to deposit that will vary from provider to provider. The downside to stair lifts rental are that there are usually very limited choices when it comes to model styles and it would be very difficult to find a stair lift for rent that will go around curved stairways as most rental stair glides will only work with straight stairways.
Now that you have a good idea on the approximate stair lifts prices in the market today, you can go ahead and make a wise investment for your home.
- Used Stair Lifts – Good Value for Money
- Home Stair Lifts – Ideal Solution for the Disabled
- Electric Stair Lifts – Don’t Let Stairs Limit Your Mobility
- Stair Lift Rental – When Is It Wise to Rent?
- Stair Lifts For The Elderly
No comments yet.